Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Goo stories #35









            After leaving Maru's temporary cell, I pranced down the stairs. "Mom! What are you cooking?" My paws slipped across the floor while I worked my way into the kitchen.
            The beautiful scents of tuna, squid and bread danced in the air. My mouth watered. Mom's voice acted as the melody for the musical and filled my heart with joy. The kitchen remained as it always had--four chairs around a massive table, all of which across from the stove that was beside the fridge.
            I licked my lips. "Mom?"
            Mom's head swiveled around to face me. "You look much more cheerful today."
            "Of course I am!" I dashed forward and brushed my body past Mom's legs. "I have you back!"
            Mom put down her chopsticks and knelt down to rub my head. "I love you, too, Goo."
            I wanted Mom to hold me, but I knew she was busy ... so I just stood under her and helped her cook ... by making her step over me. Wow! It felt good to have Mom back.


Next: Part 36



No comments:

Post a Comment