Sunday, October 27, 2013

Goo stories #15






            My paw inched closer to Ren's face while his did the same towards mine. Each split-second felt like an eternity. The place between my shoulder blades itched.
            Gray ropes of energy appeared between me and Ren.
            I gasped.
            Ren cursed.
            After we moved close enough to smell each other's breath, the ropes sprang to life and bound us tightly. They were warm to the touch--almost hot--yet I felt no pain. The rancid stench of burning fur never entered the air.
            What is a dog doing here? I struggled against my bonds, though I knew it was pointless without magic.
            A small dog, no bigger than me or Ren, rose from the shadows between us. He smelled like a wet rag hidden in a closet for too long. While his presence was intimidating, his black and white patched face was a sight for sore eyes.
            I blinked to make sure I wasn't mistaken. After all, it had been several years since I'd last seen him. "Uncle Cody?"
            Cody grunted. "In the fur." He glanced between me and Ren. "Now will you explain what is going on? I thought you two were friends."
            My anger melted. With deep, focused breaths, I opened my mouth and decided to start from the beginning.



Next: Part 16 


No comments:

Post a Comment