Thursday, October 17, 2013

Goo stories #11





            Once we had left the corpses behind, I began to worry. With the amount of fish that we burned in the fight, we wouldn't last long without food. My stomach grumbled. "Ren ... ."
            Ren swiveled his head in my direction and hissed. "What?"
            "We should start thinking about food."
            "I have been since we left that alley."
            "So ... ?"
            Ren bared his teeth. "We hunt."
            "Hunt?" I swallowed. Hunting was not a skill I possessed ... unless you counted climbing the kitchen counters and breaking into the fridge as hunting. No? I didn't think so either.
            Ren spun away from me and stalked over to a tree. He hesitated for a brief moment before climbing. Several moments passed. Thud! He landed in a very ungraceful manner. Hunting ... Well, climbing at least was not something he did particularly well either.
            "Ren ... ." I moved to check on him. "I don--"
            "Quiet!" Ren shot to his feet and back up the tree to the same result.
            By the end of the day, the hunger had grown into exhaustion. "... can't keep g--" I swooned. The dizziness turned my stomach and threatened to bring up what little remained in my stomach. I collapsed onto my side and struggled to remain conscious. It's over ... .


Next: Part 12 


No comments:

Post a Comment